Okay, it's a little over a month since the rhizotomy and I am feeling tremendously better. Most days I am nearly pain-free (praise the Lord), and it amazes me how good I feel.
But what really startles me is all that I have been able to do so far:
1. First, I picked up Molly, Bryan, and little Molly Kate (almost 2) at the airport and I was able to hold Molly Kate in my arms without pain. I'm glad I could do this because there's another on the way!
2. I can walk the grocery store now instead of riding the motorized cart.
3. The Library is again one of my favorite places to just WALK around and browse.
4. Laundry - I can stand and fold and hang everything on my own with no breaks.
5. I am again enjoying my beautiful kitchen and devising interesting new recipes with which to treat my husband who had been doing alot of the cooking.
6. Ladies Social Golf - I putted on 3 holes.
But the biggie for me this week is ....are you ready for this....
I CLEANED THE OVEN! Granted it is a self-clean device but you do have steps to prepare it for the cycle and then you have to wipe out the residue.
I did it all by myself!
Well, that's all so far, we're keeping our fingers crossed that progress continues and saying prayers that anyone in pain sees relief soon.