4/08/2010

A trip to the Mountains

This week I set off to West Virginia to visit one of my best friends that I hadn't seen in quite a while. (The drive up was beautiful - the day was sunny and warm and the sky was bright blue and the trees were budding - a perfect day for a drive.) My friend, Chrissy, and I have known each other for over 30 years and though we don't get together as much as we used to, we do talk on the phone and e-mail back and forth but I hadn't actually seen her since August. We spent the time catching up on our activities and plans. We laughed, we cried, we got nostalgic.

We had planned to get together at the end of January but that was when all the snow storms/blizzards started and so we kept postponing until we could find a time that worked for both of us. Chrissy had been given a notebook computer last year and had asked me to come up and set it up for her so she was excited that we were finally going to get it done. I took care of her notebook, her picture keychain, checked out her scanner and NOAA device so her technological challenges have been addressed and she is moving forward in the 21st century. GO Chrissy!

It was great to see her and know that even with the distance between us, we are still the best of friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment