10/21/2009

Mom turns 85!

Well, today was my mother's 85th birthday.

I stopped by to see her last night since I knew that I wouldn't make it on the actually day. I did send her 85 yellow roses because they are her favorites and I know that my Dad have wanted her to have them. She's a feisty lady and still going strong (though she would probably debate that fact).

I was reminded this week how fortunate I am that my Mom is still with us in both mind and body. We all, as we grow older, don't realize that, until we see a difference that others have to endure with either serious illness, incapacity - mentally or physically - or the loss of that love one. So, if you are fortunate, as I am, give that parent of yours a hug and kiss and tell them that you love them. Lord knows we don't know how long they will be with us.




1 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy birthday to your mom! 85 and looking wonderful :)

Post a Comment