5/28/2011

Maybe my luck is changing.


Yesterday a friend I had lent money to several years ago sent me a check - just out of the blue - I never thought I'd see that money again.

Yesterday, my husband Tim and I went to visit friends in Sheperdstown and while the boys played in a charity golf tournament, the girls went to the baby store where I got the cutest things for all my grandchildren. Then after returning to my friends house, another of our friends arrived with her Daughter-in-law and her new grandson - all of 7 weeks old. When he got fussy I was able to just rock him and sing to him and calm him down. It was a very peaceful time. Wish I could do it for my grandchildren. Then we went to dinner, meeting the boys who won 2nd place in the golf tournament, and I won the 50/50 drawing of $640. I thought the charity should have most of the money so I gave them back $370 and I kept $270.

I can spend it all on books! My Nook is going to get a big chunk of that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment