9/29/2009

The Dryer died...

My dryer has finally given up the ghost and will no longer generate any heat to dry clothes. The washer has been on its last legs for several months, so Tim said now was the time to replace them both.  So I spent the entire day hunting down new ones.   The morning was spent on the Internet, from website to website and then this afternoon I went to a few places looking at different features and costs and delivery times and haul away fees.  I finally managed to find a good deal - a Whirlpool Washer/Dryer set normally $1400 for $1000 and then  got another 10% off with a buyer's card so with taxes and delivery and accessories I got away with $1,040 when it should have been close to $1600.   Pat me on the back, I did a great job!

Now all I have to do is pray that they fit in the laundry room.

3 comments:

Booklogged said...

You did very well! My daughter recently bought a new washer/dryer set that talks. I'm not sure I'd like that. As much as we hate paying for new appliances it's always nice to enjoy them.

Tina said...

Is the washer a front loader?

Leslie said...

Hey Aunt Cheli! I left a little something on my blog for you :) www.lmstoehr.blogspot.com

Post a Comment