6/23/2012

5AM - up and not sleeping, why?

5AM - up and not sleeping, why? not insomnia, I know how that feels, this is pain.

I have tried to find a position where every part of my body is comfortable and I can relax enough to go to sleep. Tonight/this morning this is not happening. I have lived with back pain for most of my life ever since a car accident in 1977, yes no typo 1977. I've been to all types of doctors, physical therapy, drugs, and I thought I'd finally found a level of pain that I could live with - but tonight the rest of my body revolted. It wasn't pain in my back that kept me awake, it was all the other aches and pains put together. My knee ached, I'd find a position where it was comfortable and my calf cramped. I eased them and my shoulders got shooting pains, resolve that and I literally got a pain in the neck. Then I started all over. Finally, I just gave up. No use laying there - came down to my massage chair in hopes of drifting off with the massager running on high.

0 comments:

Post a Comment