5/30/2010

Irony - grab bar too late!

My terrific day after my birthday, started with a slip in the bathroom on a wet floor. I fell on both my knees which were already in bad shape (I had just had a cortisone shot in one on Tuesday) and slammed my shoulder into the wall. Luckily, I didn't hit my head. My shoulder is turning a pretty shade of purple but I don't think I did any real damage other than severely straining it. I can lift my arm all the way up and reach out though it is painful. I'm icing it down, but do you realize how much you use your shoulder when you are reading a book? I sure didn't. Guess it's a good thing I'm going audio for June.

Anyway, I had to call Tim on the golf course to come home to take care of me because I couldn't get the ice out of the ice maker. It's in the upper part of the freezer section and I couldn't get my arm up there without almost passing out.

Irony - yesterday we bought a grab bar to put up in the bathroom so I wouldn't slip. It was completed a day too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment