4/23/2009

Mistletoe Murder - a touch of the holidays in April

I came across this series of Cozy mysteries when Christmas was already passed for 2008 but decided that I could still read it in April and I enjoyed a touch of the holidays this far from the actual time. That said here is my review of MISTLETOE MURDER by Leslie Meier.

Lucy Stone is a working mother and I mean a working mother. By day she takes care of three children, at 5 she heads to work at the Country Cousins mail order facility were she has a shift until 1AM. One night needing a breath of cold air, Lucy finds the company founder dead in his car with the engine running. Since she is in at the beginning of the crime, Lucy proceeds to dig searching for the solution to this murder. The holidays are used as a backdrop for this cozy mystery and the family interactions and seasonal characteristics only blend the story together so that small parts make the whole entertaining and delightful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment