4/19/2009

Posie said "read Harlan Coben"

My friend Posie ,who likes to read, said that she just loves Harlan Coben so I went to the library and got the first in his Simon Bolitar series and read it. Here is my review.

DEAL BREAKER
Author : Harlan Coben
Read : April 3 - April 19
Pages: 511

The plot centers around a cunning mystery of sex, murder and blackmail. Simon is a multi-dimensional character having been a sports figure turned FBI agent turned lawyer and ending as a sports agent. All these facets of his background come into play in this story where his prize client is involved in a possible murder. Simon's support staff include a college friend who enjoys playing enforcer while in appearance is MR. Preppie and a secretary/receptionist who used to be a wrestler.The fact the Simon is not a detective or policeman or PI makes this series seem a bit more interesting because you wonder what other aspects of his background have you not been told yet. I will admit that I was surprised by the ending, I was not prepared for the solution even though I had an inkling of what was happening. Definitely entertaining!

0 comments:

Post a Comment